The main reason applications are not funded is the Word Count. Two questions require a specific number of words. Do not ignore this!
There will be two application windows for 2020 travel.
September 13, 2019 – December 31, 2019. Applications for any events taking place in 2020.
January 1, 2020 – April 30, 2020. Applications for any events taking place between June 1, 2020 and December 31, 2019.
- Applicant must be an employee (full time or part time) of a NEFLIN member library.
- There are two applications periods for funding in 2020. Applications are due by December 31, 2019, or April 30, 2020.
- The NEFLIN Board of Directors will consider applications at their
January and May, 2020, meetings. They will award funds based on the
- Application is complete and received by the deadline date.
- Appropriateness of the event to applicant’s continuing education.
- Assessment of applicant’s statement explaining the need and benefit
to themselves and their organization of the continuing education event.
- The NEFLIN Board of Directors will award funds at their sole discretion.
- Award notifications will be made after the January and May, 2020, NEFLIN Board of Directors meetings.
- Stipend recipients must submit the following items to NEFLIN within 30 days after the event:
- Proof of attending the event (e.g., registration receipt, travel receipts, agenda and/or certificate of attendance).
- Write a brief summary (250-500 words) of your experience at the
event and how it benefited your and your library (for use on promotional
- Submit a headshot (.gif or .jpg) for promotion of the JMCEF.
- Upon receipt of these items, funds will be disbursed.
- NEFLIN will award a maximum of $500 per applicant for out-of-state
travel and up to $250 for in-state travel. A maximum of $500 will be
awarded per applicant each calendar year.
NOTE: The Jim Morris Fund cannot be used towards membership dues for any professional organization.